Thursday, November 03, 2005

Head Trip

Do you ever have days when you cannot keep your mind on what you are supposed to be doing? My head has been in Northern Arizona all day. Never having been in Arizona in November, I wonder what the fall weather is like? I bet the skies are really blue and the autumn light is crystal clear. I want a vacation, a change of scenery. I've been browsing some digital pix that I took a few years ago in northern Arizona. Here is a house made of rocks that has a boulder for a back wall.

Arizona rock house 1

The rock house is located near the Vermillion Cliffs, on the way to Lee's Ferry which is north of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. (I prefer the North Rim to the more touristy South Rim)

Arizona rock house 2

This area is within view of Route 89. I'd like to spend at least 6 months just taking pictures in Arizona and AZ isn't even my favorite state.

Arizona rock house 3

Strong shadows, rich colors.

Arizona rock house 4

These photos were taken in the month of May.

Arizona rock house 5

See the boulder that makes up the back wall?


Wish I was there right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I'll tell ya what the weather's like in N. AZ, since I was there just last week...

The temps are in the low-mid 60's... the fall colors are BeaUtifuL! the air is crisp and flavorful, and I ran around in short sleaves while the Page-ites were in sweaters and sweats! LOL!

I do so miss the seasons... Phx only has 2 seasons... Blasted, stinkin hot, and not so hot you need AC all night. ::sigh::