Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Chew and Click

A nice little supper of my favorite salmon last night, started with a tart lemon drop martini while I prepped dinner. W4D pulled a bottle of Australian Chardonnay Semillon out of the depths of the fridge. That deep bottom shelf is his domain and I rarely even look down there to see what it contains. Was glad it was an Australian wine for I never met one I didn't enjoy and W4D says they are a good value.

Rosemount Estate

Anyway, the moon was full and bright and it was a perfect balmy night to be out on the deck grilling so I decided to grill both the salmon and the asparagus. I sprinkled the stalks with virgin olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper, lined them up on the hot grate and placed two pale coral slabs of salmon beside the veggies and went in check on the oven where the basil and tomato polenta I had already fried in olive oil was holding on warm. I had also already made a cooked chutney of sorts, of chopped tomatoes, caramelized onions, basil flavored olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar, so I gave it a stir and turned the heat as low as possible while we waited about 10 more minutes for the fish to cook. Time for another lemon drop.

It was a late dinner and we dug right in before we realized that I had forgotten to take my usual photo so I just grabbed the camera, clicked and kept right on eating.

Salmon, Polenta, Asparagus

No comments: