Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Far Out

In my continuing search for eco-friendly products, I have discovered that you can now order hemp clothing, hemp accessories, hemp bed linens, hemp jewelry, hemp skincare products and even hemp pot holders. You can smoke it, cook it, eat it, write on it and more. Golly! I think I may have accidentally inhaled some hemp or something back in the 60's or early 70's. I cant' exactly remember because if you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there, or so I am told.

I am lucky if I can remember what I had for dinner last night. That's one reason I started taking pictures, so I can be sure I don't forget and cook the same thing every other day. Last night, I made my favorite chicken piccata with artichoke hearts and button mushrooms with lots of garlic and tarragon.

piccata

Click here for a recipe for my chicken piccata. Then, check out some of the hemp links in the yellow column to the right. You can learn about hemp here. Hemp is sort of cool. Who knew? I am obviously out of the loop.

2 comments:

jackie said...

hemp is great to knit with, too!

one thing about all these eco-friendly textiles you were reading about. the thing about textile dyeing is that it's REALLY bad for the environment. to dye things in an environmentally friendly way is about 3 times as expensive as just regular dyeing and finishing, so they are probably picking simple colors they think will sell a lot, like cream and navy. in fact, between the chemical dumping and the dyeing, the textile industry is second only to the steel industry for environmental damage. or at least that was the case when i left the industry. i am rambling, but my point was--most textiles are anything BUT eco-friendly!

August said...

So, I don't actually suppose it will have effect.
toms shoes coupon | graduation announcements college | promise rings for couples