Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Soul Food Flaurella Style

Good Grief.

I spent the day getting a massage, pedicure, manicure and started my Christmas shopping. I even went into The Mall which is someplace I try to avoid. I feel like I totally wasted a day spending beaucoup money everywhere I went. It's after 6:00 PM and I haven't even thought about blogging but, T'is the Season, so I am a little late.

I won't be able to think until I've had a nice Bombay Toonie so instead, here's what I made for supper last night:

Sautéed Mahi Mahi
Fresh Steamed Asparagus with Lemon Butter
Slice of Fresh local Tomato
Salad of Baby Greens with Balsamic and Strawberries
Garlic Toast

Yes, I promised I would be eating strawberries every day for a week and I am sticking to that promise. It was raining out and I didn't feel like grilling under an umbrella so I sautéed the Mahi in fine olive oil on the stove and seasoned with a little fresh garlic and something called "Soul Food Seasoning Salt" that I bought for a dollar at The Mart of Wal. To me, it tastes just like any other seasoning salt although it is a little more blonde than other seasoning mixtures. I have no idea what the ingredients are but W4D liked it a lot and it did give the mahi a nice golden color and subtle flavor. For a buck, how can you go wrong?

Mahi Dinner
Mahi Mahi Dinner last night

No comments: