Thursday, September 08, 2005

Wring It Out

My glasses were not ready yesterday so I get to make yet another trip into town today. I keep cringing at the thought of how much the gasoline is costing for all these daily trips back and forth to the "big city." We try to combine my chores with DH's work schedule so that both if us do not need to drive to town every day but it doesn't always work out. Besides, the man cannot go shoe shopping for me, or purse shopping or get my nails done for me, can he? ha!

So, off to town I go once DH gets home with the non-gas guzzler vehicle. He's soon to be off with his buds tonight for GATOR Club anyway so I will go have my new specs adjusted and make sure they fit correctly and then I will pop into our brand new Publix Market that opens today. I need some bananas and some asparagus and some mushrooms. Those are foods that are natural diuretics and all this comfort food has made me puffy. Seriously, a couple of days of eating bananas, asparagus and mushrooms will get rid of the water weight so I'll continue to cook the comfort foods for W4D but I am going to try to wring all the water weight from my bod before the weekend.

asparagus
Asparagus is a natural diuretic

A couple of suppers of sautéed mushrooms and asparagus will be delish. Bananas and skim milk for breakfast won't be at all hard to swallow. W4D can eat his usual whatever it is he eats for breakfast and I'll even make him pork chops for supper tomorrow. Hmmm... I wonder if I could arrange my asparagus spears and mushrooms in a bed of mashed potatoes? Nope. I probably shouldn't do that. When I get back from town, I'll just eat my veggies and be a good girl after I have a nice martini - or two.

Martini and Wontons
My reward after shopping

Don't forget to click here if you can give to the hurricane survivors along the Gulf Coast. Look below at the list of countries that have sent aid for hurricane victiims to the USA. How wonderful that they want to help! Thank you for your generous donations to the USA.
Austria
Australia
the Bahamas
Belgium
Canada
China,
Cuba

Denmark
Dominica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
France
Guatemala
Guyana
Honduras
Hungary
Indonesia
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Lithuania
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Paraguay
Russia,
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sri Lanka
Switzerland
United Kingdom

United Arab Emirates
Venezuela


No comments: