Friday, August 26, 2005

Dilated Pupils

Katrina was a minimal hurricane across South Florida as anticipated. Now it is out in the Gulf, south of us and strengthening. It's probably going to curve north and do a double whammy on Florida. Our weather is gray and breezy and at the very least, we expect rain and wind through Monday. This weekend is going to be a washout. Check the current NOAA radar loop here:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-ir4-loop.html

gladiola Blurred Vision


The photo on right above is what my world looks like when I am weraring my glasses. Not good! I am off to the eye doc this afternoon and I have W4D to lead me around since I won't be able to drive for an hour or two. I can't see squat without glasses and I guess my eyes have changed in the last month or so 'cuz lately, I can't see squat even with my glasses.

Wanted to mention one thing more about the 6FU finale. It was odd to see obits from 2025, 2044, 2051, even 2085. The dates of demise hit me hard and I can't stop thinking about it. This was the first time I remember a series where people died well into in the 21st Century.

When I was a girl, I had a dream that I would live until age 87. What if that turns out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy? In this day and age we might live longer than we thought possible years ago. My daughter will probably live into her 120's -130's; at least I hope so. Now that we have mapped the Human Genome and are making great strides in medicine and genomics, people will live much longer lives. I'd like to live into my 100's if I can have a good quality of life. I want to live as long as Claire, and you can bet I won't have long, unstyled white hair. L'Oreal and I are old friends. Sure, I will be blind as a bat but I will make certain my hair is colored and styled.

No comments: