Tuesday, June 07, 2005

An Itch I Can't Scratch

I want a new car but I don't want to pay for it. I hate spending money. Actually, almost new or gently used would suit me fine, or a classic car would be great. I already have a beautiful classic MB 560 SEC but it isn't making my heart beat faster any more. I don't think I want to sell Carmela, I want something in addition to Carm. I saw an absolutely cherry MB 560 SEL in a parking lot the other day. I stopped and left a note on the car asking the owner to call me if they wanted to sell. It's been almost a week. I guess they want to keep that car. Bummer for me.

We need to haul our 76 Corvette out of the barn and sell her. It's a waste to let her sit there and deteriorate. Now that was a fun car to drive.

I want something different to drive and I don't know what. I'd love to find another car just like my first car, a 1959 Met, the first American compact car. I loved that car with it's little jump seats, the red and white wall tires and the darling wheel on the back. It makes me smile to think of it. I wish I still owned it.


Metropolitan
Originally uploaded by flaurella.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I already have a beautiful classic MB 560 SEC but it isn't making my heart beat faster any more."

Heh. At your age, you don't want your heart to beat faster. (snerk)

OTOH, see if you can find a Toyota MR-2. Similar to your Metro, but updated. Great fun to drive. I hated to let mine go.