Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ole!

As my granddaddy used to say, I'm still as busy as a one-armed paper hanger. I must remember never to return from a trip on the first of the month. Add to that, Mother's Day shopping traffic, and I am working 14 hours a day. I don't have time to put on my face, eat, or walk on the treadmill. I can't find an hour to get my hair washed or my nails done. I guess it isn't so terrible - I look a little rough but this too shall pass. After all, the only peeps who have seen me this week are the postal employees and any unsuspecting patrons at the post office. Luckily, it has been raining cats and dogs here for the last few days so I can get by wearing a hoodie and a raincoat.

I am sure you've read or heard about last weekend's "Runaway Bride" from north of Atlanta. We happened to be in the area at the time and caught all the local news as it came down. The 32 year old bride bolted. I can't say as I blame her since her entire engagement had been celibate at the bridegroom's request. Heck, I would have run amok, too!

Now, there's a lot of hoopla about her paying for the law enforcement's costs. Okay, she was wrong but the GA. Duluth Police Force didn't spend so much and they seemed to be loving the action and publicity. Let the Runaway and the Groom pay a penalty of compensation if that makes everyone feel better. Of course, she should never have said she was kidnapped but that was really way after the fact and after most of the search. Anyway, my DH, affectionately known as W4D, (What's For Dinner), works for the State of Florida in Social Services and we took interest that the GA State Social Service offices in the County of Gwinnett, Georgia, where Duluth is located, were CLOSED FOR CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY last Monday and could not assist in the history of the family or the search details. :::::gasp::::

Just who still celebrates Confederate Memorial Day anymore?? (Gwinnett County, Georgia for sure and most of Georgia and Mississippi, I guess) FWIW, we don't have Confederate Memorial Day in Florida for all of our bad political press. Back to the Runaway Bride; she is a registered nurse who is 32 years old. Her daddy is a doctor. 600 Wedding guests as well as her 14 bridesmaids and the color co-ordinated groomsmen are sorely disappointed the the post nuptial fling ding was cancelled and they didn't get the shrimp and champagne. Mizz Runaway totally freaked and I don't blame her. The intended groom has been saving his sexual favors for after the wedding, not that there's anything wrong with that but these are people in their thirties. How many times can you be a virgin? The pressure on everyone must have been more than the bride could bare, err...bear. She bolted to Las Vegas and everyone knows, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." Hey, I don't blame her one bit. I wish the press would shut up, already. I am sick of hearing about it.

I'll try to make time tell you about our trip. If not, we'll just skip it, okay? In the meantime, it is Cinco de Mayo and I have to go whip up something Mexican for dinner. Just what is it with these holidays? I never grew up celebrating Cinco de Mayo, did you? Sheesh! Next thing you know we'll be celebrating Bastille Day and Russian Independence Day or whatever. Of course, I think we could probably find something to celebrate every day of the year, then every day would be a holiday. Maybe I'm on to something here.

I've whipped up some nachos with meat sauce

and a couple of taquitos for a snack to keep W4D occupado while I make arroz con pollo. That's chicken and yellow rice which will have to suffice as our Cinco de Mayo Mexican holiday meal. I don't even have the makings for a margarita on hand. I'll have to put jalapeno stuffed olives in our martinis tonight. Arriba! Ondolay! Adios!

No comments: