Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Doggie Birthday Dinner

Cindy wants to know what The Bubba had for his birthday dinner. I knew someone would ask so of course, I took a pic. W4D laughed at me for taking a picture of the dog's dinner yesterday. He is quite used to me taking a photo of his plate but he thought it was pretty funny that the dog had to wait as well.

The Bubba had junk food for his birthday
.

bub15prep
Originally uploaded by Flaurella.

He is 105 doggie years old and he can eat anything he wants. For lunch, he had a Greenie. Bubba loves Greenies. For supper, he asked for chicken nuggets. Now, these are not the kind from McDonalds or Wendy's. These are genuine home-cooked chicken nuggets in a light breading. His appetizer was three heart shaped Smart Bites. That is a treat for "senior" dogs that is fortified with Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Both were served with a side of white rice. As you can see below, he enjoyed it.

W4D and I ate light, some fresh fried chicken white meat (all that I didn't give to the birthday pup) with a large salad of mixed greens (mesclun), raspberries, blackberries and feta cheese dressed with raspberry vinaigrette.

Whenever we eat that light for supper, I agree to some bread. We try not to eat much bread and almost always opt for 9 Grain Whole Grain Baker's Inn hearty bread but a croissant now and then won't kill us.

Tomorrow I have a dental appointment. I employ a fleet of the world's best dentists, periodontists, oral surgeons, etc. What I have spent on dental bills in my lifetime is more than the GNP of a small undeveloped country. I'll be pre-medicating shortly and I may miss tomorrow's entry while I sleep off the Xanax. You see, I am terribly dental phobic. The Xanax helps a lot with the phobia and it also helps me almost cheerfully pay the bill. Getting me there is the hard part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dogs dinnerlooked pretty good to me. I swear he eats better than us college kids some time. All I ate that night was a tub of icecream and a six pack.