Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nothing But Blue Skies

It's Easter Week and I can see four beautiful, very old churches from my house. These pictures were taken a couple of days ago in the late afternoon on a beautiful day when the color of the sky was so rich and deep that it was amazing. The sky color has not been altered nor enhanced digitally. I captured these shots from my yard at a time when the light was wonderful and it was about 65 degrees.

Blue Sky
View to the North

The photo below was taken from my veranda, looking to the East across the street from my house. The shadows on the church are from the trees in my yard.

More Deep Blue Skies
View to the East

2 comments:

jackie said...

more and more, i am jealous of where you live...

Flaurella said...

Jackie, Yes, indeedy! This is a beautiful little town, one of Florida's best kept secrets. I love it here but I wouldn't turn down a newer modern house with lots of electrical outlets and central heat and air and all the latest conveniences. Living in an 1885 house used to be a lot more fun when we were younger. I'd like to sell this big old house and get a cute new, one level cottage and of course, I want it right here in this lovely old town. We talked about moving this house but it is too large and our streets too narrow and have too many trees to even move it a block.