Monday, January 30, 2006

Foresight Stew

I'm a little ticked with myself that I didn't buy a bleeding heart plant on Sunday. I love those old fashioned flowering vines and have recently discovered that they will grow here - thought they only grew up north. They had nice ones at the outdoor market for $8 this weekend. I was afraid to buy one this early for fear it will freeze. I am sick and tired of dragging plants in and out of the house every time it freezes. Once we get a little closer to spring and the bleeding hearts can get a good hold in the ground, they can freeze back next winter but I don't want to risk it this season until later in February. So, instead of buying, I took a picture and am sitting here stewing about it. Sometimes, I can't see the forest for the trees.

Bleeding Hearts

Yesterday, I saw the first redbuds in bloom and the Japanese magnolias are also in full bloom. If the sun ever comes out again, I'll take some pictures. We got a couple of inches of rain overnight and it's another gray and blustery Monday. Have I mentioned that I am sick of winter? Oh, well, at least things are starting to bloom and getting green. I shouldn't dare complain.

2 comments:

Sanne said...

Sick of Winter!?! I (!) am sick of Winter, of snow and frost and defrosting the windows of my car every morning. Of wearing ugly, but warm boots to job, carrying my nice shoes in a bag. I look SO much forward to Spring and especially Summer, to flowers, warmer degrees, putting up our pool and hoping to be able to use it, drinking tea in my lovely swing - ahh, Summer - sandals and dresses, I'm ready!

Danish e-hugs
Sanne

Flaurella said...

I send you sunny days and early spring weather. Think warm thoughts. :))

Tomorrow is Ground Hog Day. Do you have this tradition in Denmark? If the Groundhog sees his shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. I'll let you know how it goes.