Tuesday, August 08, 2006

And The Beat Goes On

We're home and trying to get back into the proverbial groove. I'll get caught up on comments and maybe tell you a little about Vamping soon.

Blue Ridge Mountains
6032 feet above sea level where the air is cool!

Tonight, we were watching the tube and saw that commercial for the World Trade Center film. The catch phrase was, "Every generation has its defining moment."

Me: What would you say is the defining moment of our generation?

W4D: (without a second'shesitation) Kennedy getting killed.

Me: Yes, that's probably it.

W4D: That, or man walking on the moon.

Me: Both of those are excellent choices. The first thing that came to my mind was Kent State.

W4D: The Kennedy assassination profoundly affected me. You know, many days, I am working and I can still hear those drums.

Me: Are you sure you aren't just hung over?

2 comments:

jk said...

glad you're back I missed you guys!
Defining moments: yes: Kennedy assassination +(Dr. ML King & Bobby Kennedy) Vietnam War& protests. The sound of helicopters still brings back memories of the evening news and the daily #'s of soliders lost.

Flaurella said...

Thanks, jk! Nice to know that a few people noticed we were gone.

Yep, war protests were my first thought. Still, I will never, ever get over September 11th. I wonder if I will ever stop dreaming about it or even be able to get on an airplane again?