Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Time Passages

It has been a momentous week. Not only did our puppy learn to tripod like a big boy when he tinkles and then scratch the grass with his hind feet with gusto afterwards, the shuttle launched at night with the most beautiful display I have ever seen -- even when we were right across the nearest causeway, close up and personal. I swear it was more spectacular on a cold crisp night, 100 miles north and 40 miles inland than right there in person! The night sky turned to dawn upon launch and was all orange and glorious with the shuttle streaming NE for what seemed lke 5 minutes but must have only been a couple. We could see the Boosters fall off with absolute clarity and we watched the shuttle light reflection until it was almost to Jacksonville. No matter how many times you've seen it, what a sight! Always a thrill, we could even feel the thrust and hear the engine roar all the way to Gainesville.

In other news, it was very cold here this last week. and for three days, I had to wear real shoes, with closed toes....and closed heels. Argh! I am now actively searhing for fur-lined flip flops. All that leather wrapped around my footsies gives me the willies. Since I am not big on toe socks, I need furry flip flops. If you find some, let me know.

The other big news is I celebrated my birthday on the 11th. I think I may now offically be middle aged. I wonder exactly what middle age is now? When I was a young whippersnapper, I thought it was age 30. Who knows nowadays? It might well be 40 or 50 or 60 or greater. Regardless, I like to consider myself right in the middle of life.

Yesterday, W4D had a little cocktail party for me and some close friends and then fixed me a lovely birthday dinner. Here's the dessert. I asked for pumpkin pie. I got cannoli and cheesecake.

Birthday Dessert
Beggars can't be chosers.

No comments: