Sunday, September 13, 2009

Glammie and Binks


Glammie and Binks
Originally uploaded by flaurella
Here's a little slide show thingie of Baby Binks and me poolside on August 30, 2009. It seems I am always a few weeks late trying to view, organize and post pictures. Patience, please.

To make up for my slow posts, I'll tell you how I came to be called "Glammie."

The first time I held little Miss Biannca Averi, just a few moments after she was born, I was hugging and smooching her and I introduced myself as her Gram and told her how absolutely precious she was. Then I said, "You beautiful little girl! You and I are going to have SO much fun together... We will go shopping and get our nails and hair done and I will dress you in fabulous vintage jewels. I am so going to glam you up!"

At that moment, daughter Kaitlin who was a bit of a tomboy gal young-un said, "Well, that's what we are going to call you. Whether you like it or not, you are "Glammie" for sure now."

And it stuck and and I am delighted to be Glammie. Since Kait got to name me, I tagged sweet little Biannca with the nickname, "Binks."

Turnabout is fair play.

7 comments:

Sanne said...

I love both of your names, and I think Glammie is perfect for you.

Mother Nature is fair - we all have the most beautiful and intelligent children.

e-hugs
Sanne

Unknown said...

Oh, Glammie! I love it and I am SO stealing it if I ever become a grandmother!

Ann Pitman said...

Sorry! I posted under my business email and wanted to make sure you knew which Ann was which. I still love Glammie and I am still stealing it! You are both absolutely beautiful. Color me jealous.

jk said...

Glammie it is your destiny!

Flaurella said...

I for sure knew which Ann it was but thanks for wanting to be Glammie2. I have forgotten what it was but you had a great name picked out and I wanted YOURS when I heard it!

Flaurella said...

I never even thought of Glammie. I was thinking Graham or Bella but glad Kait coined the name. Destiny, indeed!

here said...

Flickr Hive Mind is a search engine as well as an experiment in the power of Folksonomies. All thumbnail images come directly from Flickr, none are stored on Flickr Hive Mind. These photos are bound by the copyright and license of their owners, the thumbnail links take to you to the photos (as well as their copyright and license details) within Flickr. Because some other search engines (Google, etc.) index parts of Flickr Hive Mind, you may have been led here from one of them. Welcome to Flickr Hive Mind, almost certainly the best search engine for photography on the web. If you are a Flickr user and use Flickr Stats you may have seen people being led to your photos via Flickr Hive Mind (as a Referrer). Flickr requires that I inform you that Flickr Hive Mind uses the Flickr API, but is neither endorsed nor certified by them. There are literally hundreds of other web tools built around the Flickr API,