Monday, July 30, 2007

Daytooni

I'm back from my trip to Daytona Beach or as I like to call it, Daytoonie. Had a great bird's eye view of the action from our room at the Hilton. The hotel was not up to my Hilton standards but then, it is the beach and people are very casual. Still I shall never get used to see people parade around shirtless or in bikini's in hotel lobbys.

Regardless, I had fun watching the endless parade of beach activities, the para-sails, boats, fishermen, beach rides, boardwalk, dramatic lifeguard rescues (about 40 per day) to say nothing about the gorgeous hunks that are Daytona Beach lifeguards. They not only look good, they work hard. But, I digress.

What is it about the beach that inspires one to start drinking early in the afternoon? While DH was attending meetings, I spent my afternoons sipping martinis and enjoying the panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean from the 11th floor. All in all, not a bad way to spend the better part of a week.

I can't make this gall-danged flash
badge thing work, so please click the single picture below and view all my Daytona pictures at FLICKR. There are captions if you view each one or you can speed through them with the slide show feature.

Daytona Beach, Florida

Okay, so they aren't that good but ...
Made ya look!

3 comments:

Sanne said...

How I envy you?
In Denmark it is still raining and raining and damn cold! :(

Sanne said...

Yeeepiiii!
I succeeded in leaving you a message! :D
I have created myself a new google account - exactly alike the one I had, but now it works.

Flaurella said...

Glad you are able to leave comments again, Sanne.

You would not envy 95 degrees and high humidity. It was so hot, I never went down to the beach except at night. But today, it is cloudy and stormy and in the 80's so not too bad.

Flaurella is not a fan of Florida summers!